The world is full of amazing things, wonders, and miracles happening around us every day. But the trouble is most of us don’t notice them most of the time.
Today, we at 5 Fun Facts have rounded up some adorable and even encouraging scientific facts from all over the globe. We hope they will inspire you to look at life in a whole new way.
1. White matter, which is responsible for communication between different areas of the brain, continues to increase until you are approximately 48 years old.
2. A human is the only representative of the animal world who is able to draw straight lines.
3. Every fifth couple in the world meets on the Internet.
4. The beginning of a dream is impossible to recall.
5. Blonde beards grow faster than dark beards.
6. When you listen to music you are able to drink more alcohol in a short period of time.
7. People are more likely to believe in words that were whispered.
8. On average, people spend 2 weeks of their lives waiting for a traffic light to change.
9. Bananas are the only fruit that even babies are not allergic to.
10. 40% of the world’s land is in 6 countries.
11. Wasps can recognize and remember other wasps’ faces.
12. The total surface area of a pair of human lungs is equal to that of a tennis court.
13. A high level of IQ prolongs a man’s life expectancy, while decreasing that of a woman.
14. Music is capable of reducing pain.
15. Men need two guys’ nights a week to stay healthy.
16. Men who kiss their wives goodbye before going to work live from 5 to 7 years longer than those who don’t.
17. E-cigarettes suppress immune defences.
18. Woodsmoke is 30 times more carcinogenic than tobacco smoke.
19. Cotton candy was invented by a dentist.
20. During their lifetime the average person eats 40 tons of food.
21. Apple seeds are poisonous because they contain 0.6% of cyanide.
22. Long-term guilt can ravage the immune system.
23. Chewing gum increases your brain’s processing speed.
24. Honey is the only product that does not spoil; it will remain edible even after thousands of years.
25. People with blue eyes see better in darkness.
26. Coke helps to treat indigestion, nausea, and sore throats.
27. The cheerleader effect is a phenomenon in which girls seem more attractive when they are in a group than when they are alone.
28. People use 17 muscles when they smile.
29. 85% of men find women who wear glasses more attractive.
30. This would be the sky with and without atmosphere.
Bonus: What would happen to Earth if mosquitoes became extinct?
Mass mosquito extinction would eliminate about 3,500 species, creating a distinct absence from the environment and a lack of food for migratory birds. If mosquitoes were eliminated, the number of birds could drop by more than half. Some scientists predict that a similar fate awaits many fish species around the globe, which would need to adapt their diet to survive. This scenario would be particularly difficult for specialized predators, such as the mosquitofish. In fact, if mosquitoes were to disappear, the other insects and fish that feed on them would dwindle in number, which could cause a ripple effect throughout the food chain. It would shake up the whole global environment as we know it and, in the end, affect our own lifestyle in environment and food produce.
Preview photo credit shutterstock