According to statistics, every 2 minutes we snap the same number of pictures as were taken in the entire 19th century. Nowadays people share their photos on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and other social media, and some of them really manage to pull at our deepest heartstrings.
5 Fun Facts collected 18 of the most powerful photos that will leave a lasting impression on you.
18. A Taiwanese girl balances an egg on its end during the Dragon Boat Festival.
17. A man of steel
16. An EMT worker after a tough run
15. A man playing with his daughter
14. Best friends
13. A North Korean man waves at his South Korean brother during a family reunion after being separated for 60 years.
12. Markiyan Matsekh plays piano for the police during the Ukrainian revolution.
11. This photo was taken just after a son had given a kidney to his father.
10. A father kneels at his son’s name at the 9/11 Memorial.
9. This boy grew his hair out for 2 years to donate to kids with cancer.
8. Jenny Mensing warms up before the European Championships.
7. Atlanta Falcons linebacker Brian Banks kneels to pray before the first day of training camp after being wrongfully convicted of rape and kidnapping eleven years ago.
6. Riding a bike underwater
5. A soldier is feeding a 2-week old kitty.
4. Brian O’Driscoll, an Irish rugby player, is visiting a young girl in the hospital with the Heineken cup.
3. The joy of sharing
2. Granddaughter watches her grandfather at her school’s Veteran’s Day ceremony.
1. A baby who was born 12 weeks prematurely and managed to survive
Which of these photos impressed you the most? Share your opinions with us in the comments!
Preview photo credit realfixuk / twitter