Our brain starts working before birth and its development never stops. More than that, in order to keep the brain function normal and healthy for our entire life, we need to feed new knowledge to our grey matter.
We at 5 Fun Facts decided to share some facts that we didn’t know before now that really impressed us.
14. 100 people were surveyed and here is the chart of the choices in “Rock, paper, scissors”
13. Full-scale model of a blue whale’s heart compared to a person
12. Ultraviolet is used to find a scratch on an eye
If there is a scratch on the eye and doctors need to find out where it is, they add a drop of UV dye to the eye and find the scratch using a UV light. In this picture, you can see the scratch near the bottom of the pupil.
11. A double rainbow is different than a regular one.
If a rainbow is double, then the colors in each of them will go in different directions: one of the will have the red color in the bottom and the other will have violet.
10. Aside from the fact that a hippo’s sweat if red, it’s also a great sunscreen and antibiotic.
9. A snail’s teeth are the most solid material in the world. They can even chew rocks.
8. Broccoli bubble gum
The management of McDonald’s had planned to sell a bubble gum flavored broccoli. This was supposed to attract children to healthy food but the idea failed.
7. Belgian border inside a bar
In Baarle-Hertog, one of your feet can be in Belgium and the other in the Netherlands because this is where the border between the 2 countries is. Some houses are split in half and the laws are different on either side. When the Dutch government requires bars to close at a certain time, the visitors just move to other side where the tables are in Belgium.
6. A cave that is a whole new world
The largest cave in the world is in Vietnam and it is so big that it has its own river, jungle, and climate. A New York block could easily fit inside of it.
5. The greatest athlete of all time lives among us
Michael Phelps has 13 Olympic gold medals and this is an absolute world record. The only person who had the same results was Leonidas from Rodos who lived in 152 B.C.
4. License plates in northwest Canada are bear-shaped.
3. Decorative elements are made of Styrofoam.
Some decorative elements are made of Styrofoam and covered with a thin layer of concrete. This is cheaper than the real material and it looks the same, at least until it’s destroyed.
2. The quietest room in the world
The quietest place on Earth belongs to Microsoft. This room is needed for testing new devices. Inside, you can hear a person’s heart beating and blood moving in their vessels.
1. The real reason why flamingos stand on one leg
A flamingo’s skeleton is formed so that in order to stand on one leg, they don’t need to use their muscles. Their leg is fixed and the body is balanced with gravity so they don’t get tired. But they still sleep lying down, like in the photo.
Which of the facts amazed you the most? Tell us in the comment section below!
Preview photo credit u/remain_unaltered / reddit